Monday, February 18, 2013

Monday, February 18, 2013 - First post on Pinterest!!

Today I began a project for my classroom.  As I mentioned before, I just lost half of my desk to my printer.  So, I went to our local Goodwill (as recommended by other teachers) and purchased a two-drawer file cabinet in good condition for $7.00. 




Yes, it looks nice, but I thought I might try some of the ideas that I have been seeing on Pinterest.  I first tried to find pretty contact paper at Walmart, with no luck, then Hobby Lobby, still just salt and pepper colored.  Finally, Home Depot in the wall decor section.  I used a striped wall trim in my classroom colors of pink and lime green.  After spray painting the outer area pin, I cut and trimmed the vinyl around the drawer pulls and the lock.  I think that it turned out well, and I can't wait to run it up to the school in the morning.





It only took me 30 minutes, and cost $13.00 for all materials.   I am so glad that I did not go to the office supply store today and pay full price for a gray one.  Leave a comment, follow me on Pinterest and tell your friends!!!  Thanks for stopping by! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment