Tuesday, February 19, 2013

I am excited to be participating in the Clutter-free Classroom challenge.  I had said before, that I would go back to school and finish the clean desk task.  Well... five hours later, I am done.  I went to the dollar store and bought some kitchen organizers.  I spray painted them lime green and pink to match my room.  They are now inside my large drawer separating items that are frequently used in my classroom.  I also painted my metal desk organizers to match.  They are now the only items, other than desktop computer on my desk.


Then after purging all unnecessary junk from the drawers, I replaced the junk with my personal books for school.  I left my school books on my shelf in order by subject.  I even have half a drawer empty.  It really feels good to have this done, but my real hope is that I can keep it this way.  I would like to place a single rectangular container to hold papers needed to file.  This way they are all in one place.  As of now, they are in a file folder in my new cabinet in from of my student files.


The last picture is of my new cabinet and the printer off my desk!!  I really love having it in my classroom and I think it looks great.  My plans for the small rolling cart is to house my activities for the week that are too large for my Monday - Friday bins.  I am actually looking forward to heading back to school next week.

Please leave a comment or advise if you see something that I could do to keep it this way!!  Thank you for stopping by! :)


Clutter-Free Classroom

No comments:

Post a Comment