Friday, February 22, 2013

Clutter Free Classroom Linky - Storing Classroom Resources

I have looked forward to posting my link to the Clutter-free Classroom Challenge all week!!  Our school has been closed this week for Winter Break, but I was so inspired to complete this challenge and get my books organized, that I went in on Tuesday and worked for over five hours on my desk and small table area.

Since I have my degree in Math Education, I have acquired many more math resources than Language Arts.  That being said, I have accumulated many resource books for Writing, since that is not my forte.  Not all of these books are at school, but the most used have been kept on the shelf behind my desk.  This has not always been efficient, because they have been taking up precious space on an already crowded shelf.  Moving these resources into a recently emptied desk drawer has made space on my shelf for other frequently used items.  Such as my Monday through Friday bins created three weeks ago.  These have made my days run so much more smoothly!!





I even have the toolbox that I made prior to starting the challenge on the third shelf.  I knew then that something had to be done to make my classroom run more efficiently.  Housing my small teacher supplies in this, instead of my desk drawer has created free space there, as well.

I am so glad that I began the Clutter-Free Classroom Challenge.  My days in the classroom are beginning to be joyful.  My students are enjoying their experiences too.  Thank you for giving my the motivation to become a better teacher!!

If you haven't joined yet, come on and begin this week.  The rewards are tremendous!!  Just click on the link below to join me.  Just do it!!

The Clutter-Free Classroom Challenge



Clutter-Free Classroom

4 comments:

  1. You are so lucky that you can go in during holidays or other closed days. It's not like we don't do work on our own time anyway,I'd much rather tackle organizing and bulletin boards etc without the stress of knowing the bell will ring soon or it being 8pm after a long day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree!! Believe it or not, the only reason I haven't gone back again, is because the building WAS locked! However, I have had the time to regroup and find so many more ideas for a more exciting return on Monday. Thank you for stopping by. See you soon!!

      Delete
  2. Hey Kathryn,
    Thank you for stopping by our blog and for your sweet comment about mentor sentences!! If you do try them out, please let me know how it goes!!

    I'm trying to figure out how to follow your blog, but I don't see a join this site button?
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can tell that I am new...oh well. I found the button and would be absolutely honored if you were my first follower. I can never thank you enough for the assistance. I will try the sentences this week and let you know. Writing is not my "thing", but I work harder on it to compensate.

      Come by and download my first TPT freebie item as well.

      http://elderkathryn.blogspot.com/

      Delete